Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Day Medical Camp from Sister Debbie




Good Morning All,


What a glorious day in Puttur. God has blessed us with being able to attend our first medical camp. I had no idea what I was getting into, but this day has opened my eyes and my heart. We were welcomed into the hospital with an opening ceremony by Brother Henry. He introduced us and the doctors that would be providing care at this camp. We were then given the 'royal treatment and tour' of the facility. We spent time working with people who had just had eye surgery. The bandages were taken off and we were allowed to help them put their dark glasses on for the first time. This was a very special time for me since my mother has lost most of her eyesight and has had numerous eye surgeries. We were introduced to a Muslim woman who had just had eye surgery. We need to remember that our God is the God of all, specific religions don't matter, God loves all. After the eye clinic tour, we finished with the rest of the hospital and watched the drs. work with their patients. What an awesome experience to see how WPCC impacts people half way across the world.


Debbie


"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed..."~Luke 4:18