Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Comment from Kelsey:

Giving clothes and food to the poor and needy was an unexpected overwhelming experience. Never before have I seen people so grateful for one new outfit and a plate full of food. As I walked around the room helping serve food, I noticed that I was tip-toeing around the water and food spilled mess of a floor. Being a fan of socks and tennis shoes, I cringed at my food crumbs and dirt covered feet. How selfish of me to feel dirty after walking barefoot for maybe two hours, when these people go without shoes all the time. As the night went on, I stopped watching the floor in front of me as I walked and instead stepped through whatever was in my path, because I know that no matter what lies in my path and no matter what I go through, God is right there with me through it all.












Boys preparing a type of salad --------------------- Mixing Stew












Mixing a cake for Paul's and Babalu's birthday


Mike with Sam

Kelly working on Henry

Jesus said, "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet." -John 13:14 (NIV)