Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Medical Camp

This sign announces the medical camp in Telugu - the language spoken in the state of Andra Pradesh. The medical camp was in the village of Naymbakam, very poor place. The team immunized 49 children and the physicians treated 497 for their medical needs with medicines purchased from the funds given by WPCC and Grace Evangelical.
Annetta shared these thoughts with us:
Today started out just like any other day. We bath, ate breakfast, and had a devotion led by Laura. we drove to Naymbakam. When we arrived I felt something different. As some of you know children are very special to me and I love playing with them. At the medical camps I have been helping hold children while the get their Hep B vaccination. Usually I have been helping with the babies. Today I held the bigger kids. One of the very first ones laid their head on my shoulder while getting their shot and cried. Even after the shot was over they just laid against me crying. It was at that moment that it hit me that God wishes we would come to him like that. To just lay our head on his shoulder and cry. To let Him comfort us and tell us all will be OK. My favorite verse is Phil 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Sometimes we do not read the full verse and we stop at "I can do all things," today I was reminded to finish reading the verse, "through Christ who strengthens me." To stop and lay my head on his shoulder just like the child did today. Annetta H. -super teammate.